You bring the party.
DAP will bring the purpose.
The only thing better than having a good time with friends is making a positive impact at the same time. Consider hosting a Party With Purpose – a private party fundraiser. Maybe you host a cocktail party in your garden, or a dinner party featuring your famous egg rolls, or an open house at your store or business. Whatever kind of party you decide to host, your efforts will be supported by DAP staff. DAP provides invitations both printed and electronic, online RSVP service and will deliver the 15 minute uplifting presentation during your party.
A Party With Purpose is any social gathering that in addition to socializing, networking and having a great time…the guests are asked to make a donation to Domestic Abuse Project – or DAP, as we call it.
There are four elements that make your party a Party With Purpose:
- Guests are invited by the party host knowing that in addition to being a social event, the party is also a fundraiser for DAP.
- There is a 15-20 minute uplifting presentation about DAP. If your party is in the Twin Cities metro area, a DAP staff person will join your party and deliver this presentation. If your party is not local to the Twin Cities, materials and/or a video will be sent to you for this element of your party.
- Email addresses and guest names are collected.
- Money is raised for DAP (no minimum or maximum).
- Set a date, time and venue for your get-together.
- Invite guests electronically or with printed invitations.
- Buy food and beverage for the party.
- Plan the agenda for the get-together.
- Welcome guests and socialize.
- Gather guests together to listen to the brief DAP program.
- Tell your guests why you are hosting the party—share why you care.
- Introduce DAP representative.
- After DAP speaks, invite your friends to make a donation to help end domestic abuse.
- Return to socializing.
- The next day thank your guests, then send the donations and Event Report to DAP.
DAP supports your Party With Purpose efforts with invitations, delivering the DAP presentation or sending you a video or other materials if you are hosting an out-of-town party, the sign-in sheet, brochures, remittance envelopes and will work one on one with you to determine other support needs you may have.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST TO HOST? The host pays nothing to DAP to host their party. The costs incurred for hosting the party (food, beverages, venue, etc.) are paid for by the host(s).
CAN MY GUESTS MAKE A DONATION ONLINE BEFORE THE EVENT? Yes, and many will if they are invited but cannot attend. DAP will set up a link on our website where your guests can RSVP and make a donation.
DO I SEND AN EVITE OR PRINTED INVIATION? Whichever one you choose DAP can provide it for you. We offer online RSVP service as well.
WHO DO I INVITE? Anyone and everyone!
MY FRIENDS DON’T HAVE MONEY TO DONATE—CAN WE DO SOMETHING ELSE? Resist the urge to decide for your friends whether or not they can or should make an investment in a cause. Many people make contributions monthly or donate a small amount – all gifts are welcome and giving should not be reserved for the wealthy.
Another way to contribute to DAP is by connecting others to our mission. Someone who makes a modest gift at your party may connect someone else who is involved a business or foundation who could make a major gift—or provide DAP with much needed assistance and contacts.