DAP First Call
612.874.7063 | 10:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
DAP First Call is a resource for you.
First Call is staffed by therapists, interns, and volunteers who are trained to assist you. They’re experts in our programs and can help you sign up for a group or find the services you’re looking for.
If DAP doesn’t offer it, we can help you find someone who does!
If this is an emergency, call 9-1-1.
First Call is the first step to entering DAP’s therapy program
The First Call desk will help you learn about DAP’s different programs and register over the phone. Therapy is available for:
- Women who have experienced domestic abuse
- Men who have used abuse in their intimate relationships
- Children and adolescents who have witnessed or experienced violence in their homes
Contact the advocates directly
The First Call line will be happy to direct you to our advocates, but you can also call them directly at 612.673.3526. The advocates are experts in emergency interventions and legal response to domestic violence crises. Reach out to them directly if you:
- would like to learn more about protective orders, like Orders for Protection (OFP) and Harassment Restraining Orders (HRO)
- have questions about the legal system and victim’s rights
- need information about an ongoing criminal or civil court case, or the status of a warrant
- would like to speak to someone about getting your locks changed, or finding food assistance, shelter, clothing, or other basic needs
DAP does not operate a shelter, but we can help you find one.
You can also call the Day One® Minnesota Domestic Violence Crisis Line directly at 1.866.223.1111